Guided by the above vision along with the philosophy of universal brotherhood and spiritual wisdom as propagated by Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankaradeva, the University has been envisaged to be a center of excellence in the study and research focusing on the following:
- Harmonizing technical excellence with spiritual and moral values.
- Offering education in diverse fields to the poor and deprived sections of the society who are otherwise unable to pursue higher education, irrespective of caste, gender, and religion.
- Addressing socio-economic issues such as an escalation of the rich-poor divide, rural-urban disparities, ethnic divides, environmental degradation, etc.
- Study and research on the literary and cultural contributions of Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankaradeva and his disciples in the contextual relevance of today.
- To produce persons capable of playing a dynamic role for accommodating new thoughts in the Knowledge-driven society, so that teaching and research may be pursued in a holistic spirit for cementing a productive relationship between academia and society.
To impart value-oriented education with humanistic insight in diverse fields of study so that the learners become morally strong, intellectually efficient, socially committed, spiritually inspired to take part in the process of inclusive, sustainable growth and engage in the socio-cultural rejuvenation of lives.